Explore.

Explore.

Monday, March 16, 2015


Ink Blot Test

                In class we took a look at the Rorshach Inkblot Test. After comparing our answers to what people most normally see, I was quite interested with the results. On many of the tests the answer I chose is not even one of the “common answers” on the website. So, I don’t know if that means anything or not, but the thought is quite captivating. For instance, on one of the blots it said that I should have seen a face or multiple faces. I saw two pistols lined up opposite from one another and in their holsters. There were several other blots that this happened on as well! But, I did find some images that were described on the website as well!

                I do not think that these tests are very liable. I do not really know how they can base someone’s personal likeness on what they see. Everybody sees different things. The thing I really do not understand is how people can say that someone has schizophrenia or paranoia because they saw an oil lamp in a picture. I did see the oil lamp, and I am pretty sure I do not have schizophrenia or paranoia. This is just one example of why I do not believe that these tests are reliable and/or accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment